Today is the College Fair here at Holy Trinity! We are so excited to welcome over 30 representatives from colleges and universities across the country to HT to speak with our student body. To help our students prepare, I've asked Dr. Colette Blakely, Holy Trinity's Director of Guidance and Counseling, to compile a list of questions to ask a college rep. These are a great tool to use today at the fair or when you're visiting college campuses!
Top Five Types of Questions to ask College Reps:
#1 Questions regarding academics:
• What majors are offered on campus?
• Are there any five-year programs offered (engineering, nursing, pharmacy, etc.) that ends with a master’s degree, certification, or higher?
• What percent of applicants are admitted? What information is required in your admission process?
• What is the average ACT/SAT score and the average grade point of your admitted students?
• What percent of students graduate on time, in four years?
• What is the average size of classes that a majority of freshmen typically take?
• How many classes does an average freshman usually take first semester?
• Do undergraduate students have the opportunity to participate in research?
#2 Questions regarding campus life:
• What do students enjoy most (and least) about this college or university?
• Is the student body diverse (both racially and culturally), gender ratio, etc.?
• What do students do for fun?
• What percent of students live on campus, and do they typically stay on campus during weekends?
• What sororities and fraternities do you have on campus?
• Where is the nearest community/town?
#3 Questions regarding financial aid:
• Does your school offer financial aid? How does that process work?
• What percentage of students received financial aid this year?
• Does your school have special scholarship competitions?
• When do applicants learn whether they will receive financial aid from the college?
• Should my parents complete the FAFSA and/or a CSS/Financial Aid Profile?
#4 Questions regarding sports/athletics:
• What sport division is at your institution?
• Do you offer scholarships for playing sports?
• Do students need to register with Clearinghouse (online) to compete for athletic scholarships?
• Is there a fee to use the gym and workout equipment on campus?
• What intramural sports and/or club sports are there at your school?
#5 Questions regarding global experiences:
• Is there an international exchange program?
• What qualifications are there for participating in the program?
• Are students allowed to study abroad for a length of time (quarter, semester, or year)?
• What internships are offered internationally?
To read more about Holy Trinity's counseling program, click here.
on Thursday October 2 at 10:07AM