Job Title: Donor Prospect Research Internship
Reports to: Foundations and Corporate Relations Officer
Holy Trinity High School seeks an intern for the Development Office to conduct research of corporate and foundation donor prospects. The intern will help Holy Trinity build its donor database, identify grant opportunities, help write grant proposals, and assist the Foundations & Corporate Relations Officer with other activities as needed.
This internship will provide substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, prospect research, research methods, fundraising software, and solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a nonprofit organization.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Research new foundations/grants to apply for funding
- Record research results in donor records
- Assist in writing proposals and reports
- Assist in drafting briefs on foundations and corporations
- Help maintain database records
Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and ability to learn new programs quickly (databases, etc.)
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong organizational abilities
- Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising
- The internship is a semester-long commitment. Each intern will be expected to work 15 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the hours of 9 am–5 pm, Monday through Friday, at Holy Trinity High School.
This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out work-study grants with your college or university, if that is an option.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Ms. Deborah Clair, Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer at email@example.com with the subject, “Foundation & Corporation Research Internship."