Director of Guidance
Holy Trinity High School seeks a Director of Guidance and Counseling with a proven track record in college admissions, academic counseling, and parent and community programming.Requirements: Counseling certification (Type 73); 4+ years experience; bilingual Spanish
- Maintains the testing program, disaggregation and analysis of student data, and dissemination of data to faculty for use in curriculum development
- Oversees and implements an effective program of academic planning and support for student success, including grade level parent meetings and parent informational sessions
- Works closely with students and parents on the college planning process, overseeing a coherent program that spans all four years of high school
- Develops and implements a program of classroom guidance appropriate for each grade level addressing social/emotional issues and character development
- Organizes and schedules group guidance programs as needed
- Oversees a program of career-planning, including current and future opportunities and organization of Career Days
- Serves as a liaison to consulting social service agencies, therapists or supplemental support staff
- Serves on the Academic Board
- Insures that all appropriate policies and procedures are implemented to insure best practice and excellent communication with parents, faculty, and staff
- Organizes, schedules and facilitates department meetings
- Determines and equitable distribution of responsibilities within the department
- Provides an annual review of each department member
- Prepares an annual department budget proposal
- Participates in the screening and interview process for department members
- Fulfills others responsibilities at the request of the administration
How to Apply
Please send resume and references to email@example.com.
Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer
As a member of the Development Office, the Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer is primarily responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of current and new prospects. Responsibilities include coordinating the identification, strategic cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and other activities related to seeking corporate and foundation support for Holy Trinity High School.
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for new and previously identified corporate and foundation prospects, working in collaboration with other Development staff members.
- Proactively set direction, prepare and implement a plan for foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain long-term relationships with local and national corporations and foundations.
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines for all proposals, letters of intent and final reports.
- Prepare grants and final reports for foundation and corporate funders and work within the guidelines of the school’s strategic plan.
- Communicate with funders during the granting process to provide requested information and schedule site visits.
- Monitor and evaluate progress toward goals, provide statistical reports, on an ongoing basis and as requested, and suggest/request appropriate research for individual/group, corporation and foundation prospects.
- Schedule opportunities for key staff members to meet with potential funders.
- Conduct prospect research for potential foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
- Work with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement to identify and secure corporate sponsorships.
- Work with Board members to identify and engage foundation and corporate contacts within their networks.
- Report monthly to the Stewardship Committee of the Board and engage committee members in the identification and cultivation process.
- Assist with identification of corporate prospects for the school’s Friends for a Future Internship Program.
- Oversee the school’s partnership with GE through Big Brothers Big Sisters and serve as the primary liaison for students in the program.
- Assist with Development Office special events.
- Performs other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Commitment to the mission of Holy Trinity High School.
- Bachelor’s degree with two to three years of proven experience in direct fundraising.
- Strong persuasive writing and budgetary skills.
- Analysis, synthesis and clear communication of information through original writing.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective funders and interact via telephone and in person.
- Possess ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet short deadlines with limited supervision.
- Work well independently and in a group setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporation and foundation sources.
How to Apply
Position begins August 2014. Competitive salary and benefits package. Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to John Malloy, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holy Trinity High School is seeking to fill a full-time teaching position in the Mathematics and Science department. Our current need is for an individual to teach three mid-level math classes. As we are a combined math and science department, the ability to teach science would also be a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
An active type 09 Illinois State Board of Education teaching certificate is preferred.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Mr. Tom Shively, Math & Science Department Chair, at email@example.com
Business Office Assistant
The Business Office Assistant will support the department with various clerical and data entry tasks, and takes higher level of responsibilities as determined by the Business Manager or the Assistant Business Manager. This position is a part time position of 20‐25 hours a week, mornings preferable. No benefits.
- Handles business transactions at the office register: payments, voucher requests, and lunch program applications
- Writes receipts for all cash and checks received in a clear and accurate manner
- Assists in the processing of closing the petty cash drawer weekly and or as needed. Makes copies of checks and files pink copy of cash receipts in the numerical file.
- Verifies the deposits against the bank deposit slip for accuracy
- Files all deposits in chronological order and per account
- Opens and stamps all business office mail as received and distributes mail to the proper person within the office
- Codes and creates a voucher for all bills received and or for any reimbursement request received allocating to the right department or fund
- Enters all bills and reimbursement requests in Quick Books on an accrual basis
- After Business Manager approves bills for payment assistant prints checks and assembles with supporting documentation for signature, assistant then collects signatures from authorized signors
- Mails or distributes payments and or reimbursements after checks are signed
- Stamps paid all bills and files all vendor vouchers and invoices in the correspondent vendor file on a timely matter
- Prepares employee time sheets for binder in main office every month
- Collects time sheets at the end of the month and distributes them for signatures of supervisors and then files them
- Assists with phone calls during busy times or in the absence of one of the employees in the department
- Files payment receipts, lunch program applications, and any other information pertaining to the students, transactions and payments
- Under the supervision of the Business Manager, assists in the preparation of the Lunch Program monthly claim report to the State Agency
- Assists in the verification process for the Lunch Program
- Orders, distributes and maintains an inventory of all office supplies
- Researches office supplies vendors for best price or product
- Orders/stocks all educational materials as needed for teachers as approved by the Principal’s office
- Orders/stocks miscellaneous inventory as needed for student purchase i.e. locks, notebooks, etc.
- Assists with scheduling the maintenance of all copy machines through the building and replenishing supplies such as toner and staples. Ensures paper is distributed to all offices with copiers
- Contacts copier vendor for repairs and supply orders
- Assists with other clerical tasks as needed, including but not limited to filing in student files, assisting with mailings, and phones, and other duties as assigned by the Business Manager or the Assistant Business Manager.
This position reports to the Business Manager.
Mandatory Job Qualifications
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
- Accounting or bookkeeping background necessary
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite a plus
- Bilingual English‐Spanish a plus
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Ms. Maria Juarez, Business Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org