Careers at HT
Job Title: Director of Admissions
Start Date: June 2013
The Director of Admissions is responsible for driving the recruitment and admissions strategy of incoming students to Holy Trinity, and supervising the Admissions Coordinator. The Director of Admissions instrumental in building effective community outreach for the school and serves as a strategic and visible spokesperson for Holy Trinity and its mission. The successful candidate directs and oversees all recruitment activites. This individual must be committed to Catholic education as well as highly organized, a highly effective communicator and results-driven.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Recruiting and Admissions
- Develop recruitment strategies that include fostering existing relationships and targeting new markets
- Lead the student recruitment effort with oversight of and participation in elementary school visits, high school fairs, shadow days, open houses, tours, entrance exams and registrations
- Monitor recruitment strategies, maintain effective enrollment practices and build applicant pipeline to optimize enrollment
- Supervise and manage the Admissions Coordinator
- Work with the Principal and Admissions Committee to inform acceptance decisions; oversee production of all written admissions materials and mailings
- Work with the Admissions Coordinator in the direction of the Ambassadors Club, consisting of underclassmen who represent the school and welcome prospective students through Shadow Days and Open Houses
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with local grammar schools, as well as community-based and youth organizations
- Manage and build upon relationships with external scholarship organizations
- Attend leadership and board member team meetings and retreats
- Prepare and present reports to the Board of Trustees on incoming freshmen testing, acceptance, and registration numbers
- Oversee financial assistance program, working with the Financial Assistance Committee to oversee application and award processing for incoming freshmen and current students.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Ability to think and act strategically while executing tactics necessary to optimize student enrollment and build a strong pipeline for the future.
- Ability to relate well with all constituents, including students, parents, teachers, principals, counselors, and board members
- Interest in and ability to effectively sell the exceptional Holy Trinity experience to students, parents, elementary schools and the public
- Strong sales, marketing and community outreach skills and experiences
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail is a must
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Experience in developing and maintaining marketing strategies
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years experience in a nonprofit organization or equivalent
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus
- Access to a car and ability to work some evenings and weekends
Position begins June 2013. Competitive salary and benefits package. Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to John Malloy, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at email@example.com.