Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer
As a member of the Development Office, the Foundation & Corporate Relations Officer is primarily responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of current and new prospects. Responsibilities include coordinating the identification, strategic cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, and other activities related to seeking corporate and foundation support for Holy Trinity High School.
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for new and previously identified corporate and foundation prospects, working in collaboration with other Development staff members.
- Proactively set direction, prepare and implement a plan for foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain long-term relationships with local and national corporations and foundations.
- Maintain calendar of grant deadlines for all proposals, letters of intent and final reports.
- Prepare grants and final reports for foundation and corporate funders and work within the guidelines of the school’s strategic plan.
- Communicate with funders during the granting process to provide requested information and schedule site visits.
- Monitor and evaluate progress toward goals, provide statistical reports, on an ongoing basis and as requested, and suggest/request appropriate research for individual/group, corporation and foundation prospects.
- Schedule opportunities for key staff members to meet with potential funders.
- Conduct prospect research for potential foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
- Work with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement to identify and secure corporate sponsorships.
- Work with Board members to identify and engage foundation and corporate contacts within their networks.
- Report monthly to the Stewardship Committee of the Board and engage committee members in the identification and cultivation process.
- Assist with identification of corporate prospects for the school’s Friends for a Future Internship Program.
- Oversee the school’s partnership with GE through Big Brothers Big Sisters and serve as the primary liaison for students in the program.
- Assist with Development Office special events.
- Performs other duties as required.
Desired Skills and Requirements
- Commitment to the mission of Holy Trinity High School.
- Bachelor’s degree with two to three years of proven experience in direct fundraising.
- Strong persuasive writing and budgetary skills.
- Analysis, synthesis and clear communication of information through original writing.
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective funders and interact via telephone and in person.
- Possess ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet short deadlines with limited supervision.
- Work well independently and in a group setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of corporation and foundation sources.
How to Apply
Position begins August 2014. Competitive salary and benefits package. Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to John Malloy, Vice President of Institutional Advancement at email@example.com.